Friday, April 24, 2015

The love of my life

I finally got a piano! Well, that's how I justify the cost, anyway. Q took me to a luthier's shop and I played some basic classical pieces on this beauty. It was stunning. The sound is amazing. It's clear and deep and mellow. We decided it was way too expensive, and we'd wait to buy it. It was our 15th marriage anniversary on Wednesday, and Q phoned me from the mall where he was "looking for some perfume" for me. I hate perfume. What a joker. What he'd really done was pick up this guitar.



Not only is it beautiful, it's amazing. Wonderful, stunning, and intimidating. It has a 500 year old Colorado Blue Spruce top, blister Koa back, and an ebony fretboard. The builder focuses on wood and sound rather than finish, so it's not ornamented much, which suits my personality perfectly. All my musical mistakes stand out like sore thumbs when I'm playing this, but it sings like an angel. I'm really excited to finish Frederick Node Book One and move on to book two!

Q and I played Summertime together with my guitar playing bass and he with the lead on his spruce top. It was so much fun! When we get it sounding good, we'll put up a recording. So so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment